Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site VPN being blocked internally

my company lost its engineer who dealt with this we are in the middle of getting a new one but for now I need a site-to-site VPN setup and I'm at the point where it's up on both ends but my FMC config somewhere is blocking the VPN I ran a packet Tracer but Im not knowledgeable enough to understand what rool is blocking it and where to go to allow the traffic through. 

below is what I'm getting I'll add a snip as well. 

SNORT
Type:
SNORT
Result:

DROP
Config:

Elapsed Time:
197043 ns

Additional Information
Snort Trace: Packet: ICMP Session: new snort session Firewall: starting AC rule matching, zone 3 -> 3, geo 0 -> 0, vlan 0, sgt 0, src sgt type 0, dest_sgt_tag 0, dest sgt type 0, user 9999999, icmpType 8, icmpCode 0 Firewall: block rule, , drop Snort: processed decoder alerts or actions queue, drop Snort id 0, NAP id 2, IPS id 0, Verdict BLOCKFLOW, Blocked by Firewall Snort Verdict: (black-list) black list this flow

Result: drop
Input Interface:
Outside(vrfid:0)
Input Status:
up
Input Line Status:
up
Output Interface:
Output Status:
up
Output Line Status:
up
Action:
drop
Time Taken:
495591 ns
Drop Reason:
(firewall) Blocked or blacklisted by the firewall preprocessor
Drop Detail:
Drop-location: frame 0x000000aaae872198 flow (NA)/NA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

we did't have an access control policy role set also under devices, device management, static route, we did not have the routing configured. we ended up getting a professional service to assist. we are waiting for deployment time but we should be good. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Do you use VPN bypass acp option or ACP?

MHM

that I don't know, we have other site-to-site connections setup, where do I go to answer this question? 

we did't have an access control policy role set also under devices, device management, static route, we did not have the routing configured. we ended up getting a professional service to assist. we are waiting for deployment time but we should be good. 

Professional service!! it easy  issue 

Only change the ACP rule order' if there is no acp add one put it in top of acp rule list 

That it.

MHM

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
(firewall) Blocked or blacklisted by the firewall preprocessor

check is the IP block listed any where in the Firewall ?

Also check the FMC events - make sure the interesting traffic matches and allowed.

Look at the FTD packet Flow :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firepower-ngfw/212321-clarify-the-firepower-threat-defense-acc.html

what is other side device in site to site vpn ?

validate the configuration also :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/ipsec-negotiation-ike-protocols/215470-site-to-site-vpn-configuration-on-ftd-ma.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card