cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP to the FTD managment interface

Isaiah
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Firepower 4110 appliance running FTD v6.2.  I can configure SNMP through the FMC at Devices -> Platform Settings -> SNMP.  This allows me to perform SNMP queries to any of the data interfaces of the appliance, if I allow a "host" access to that interface.  However, it does not allow me to send my SNMP polling to the management interface.  The management interface is simply not in the list of possibilities for me to allow SNMP access to.  Why not?  The out-of-band management segment is where my SNMP monitoring system is based and SNMP and other management functions is obviously exactly what the management interface exists for.  How can I do SNMP monitoring of the FTD to the management IP address?

18 Replies 18

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can (and should) allocate a physical interface from among those on the chassis for the logical device's management interface.

That is distinct from the chassis management interface which is primarily to access the chassis FX-OS (used for command line interface and FirePOWER Chassis Manager graphical user interface of the appliance chassis)

I am not sure if I should create a new topic - but question is how to set up SNMP  on the Cisco ASA5500X running Unified image FTD manage  from FTD device manager , not FMC 

i am currently running  6.2.0.2-51 

FirePOWER Device Manager does not currently (as of 6.2.0.2) allow you to setup SNMP management of an FTD device.

If you require that feature you need to use FMC.

Hi I have 4 FTD devices attached to single policy under platform settings in FMC, i want to enable SNMP monitoring to all of the 4 FTD devices,if i am creating diagnostic interface which ip address do i need to assign all 4 boxes has different-different management interface ips.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card