Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SourceFire 6.0.1.1 patch

Hello,

Looking for some guidance on the 6.0.1.1 patch.  I'm currently running 6.0.1 on FMC and the SFR modules we have.  I've had some pretty negative experience from bugs after upgrades.  I noticed there is no new functionality in this release, just fixes so I'm curious if anybody has good/bad things to say about it before I roll it out.  

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ed Padilla Jr
Level 1
Level 1

Since it is a "patch" it can be rollback if you encounter any issues.   It is a short patch, i believe not more than 45 or 60 minutes, depending. if you appliances are in very remote locations (due to the sync back and forth).  So go ahead submit the change request and happy patching.  Always, have the Cisco TAC phone number, it case of am outage.  Which i doubt in this patch.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We are using 6.0.1.1 on many ASA SourceFire modules with no issues.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Like Philip, we've also been using it on multiple customers' ASA FirePOWER modules without issue.

Ed Padilla Jr
Level 1
Level 1

Since it is a "patch" it can be rollback if you encounter any issues.   It is a short patch, i believe not more than 45 or 60 minutes, depending. if you appliances are in very remote locations (due to the sync back and forth).  So go ahead submit the change request and happy patching.  Always, have the Cisco TAC phone number, it case of am outage.  Which i doubt in this patch.

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Christopher,

We have several customers running 6.0.1.1 and this is the latest which is pretty stable and having lot of bugs fixed. Below is the quick reference to the 6.0.1.1 release where you can see the list of issues resolved in that specific version.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/601/6011/relnotes/firepower-system-release-notes-version-6011.html

Could you please brief what are the main issues that you faced after upgrading to 6.0.1.1 ?

Rate if the post helps you

Regards

Jetsy 

My 'main' issues are really just apprehension from past experiences with upgrades/patches from SourceFire.  There is nothing specific I'm worried about, other than upgrading to a buggy patch.  The virtualized SFR modules riding the ASA's has not been the best experience when it comes to stability. 

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.

I agree with you on that premise.  I have had my share with experiences like that, too.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card