cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCP ports used by Cisco IPS

Jonathan Grant
Level 1
Level 1

I have have searched high and low via Google and within cisco.com for the answer to this, but can not seem to find it documented anywhere.  I am attempting to identify all ports that are required to manage the a Cisco IPS so that I can open up the firewalls.  It is my understanding that the ports below are required, but I am not sure if I am missing anything, please see below:

TCP 22:     Source => Sensor Admin

TCP 443:   Source => Sensor Admin

UDP 123:  Sensor Admin => NTP Server

Am I missing anything?  Thank you!

Jonathan

Boulder, Co

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fringer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jonathon;

If you will be making use of automatic updates for signatures and global correlation updates you will also need to allow the IPS management IP address access on TCP 80 (signature and GC updates) and UDP 53 (GC updates).

Scott

View solution in original post

Additionally, if you plan to use SNMP, you will need to allow UDP/161 and UDP/162 between the sensor and your management station.

Thank you,
Blayne Dreier
Cisco TAC IDS Team

**Please check out our Podcast**
TAC Security Show: http://www.cisco.com/go/tacsecuritypodcast

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fringer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jonathon;

If you will be making use of automatic updates for signatures and global correlation updates you will also need to allow the IPS management IP address access on TCP 80 (signature and GC updates) and UDP 53 (GC updates).

Scott

Additionally, if you plan to use SNMP, you will need to allow UDP/161 and UDP/162 between the sensor and your management station.

Thank you,
Blayne Dreier
Cisco TAC IDS Team

**Please check out our Podcast**
TAC Security Show: http://www.cisco.com/go/tacsecuritypodcast

Thank you gentlemen, that answers my question.  Have a GREAT day!

Jonathan

Boulder, Co

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card