Views
Helpful
Replies

Temporary Disable IP Sec VPN

craig.corbett
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

We have a site to site IPsec vpn as well as a LES circuit to the same destination. Some traffic will use the VPN and other the LES connection.

I need to temporarily kill the site to site VPN to do some testing and am looking at suggestions for the best way to do so.

I was thinking of changing the IKE peer then clear crypto ipsec sa peer. I'll then put the correct ipsec peer in to pring up the tunnel.

Any suggestions / comments appreciated.

Thanks

Craig.

6 Replies 6

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

also you can do by removing the tunnel-group commands or removing the transform-set commands to achieve it... Pls try and let me know your results....

also you can disable the interafce pointed for vpn traffic in vpn configurations. i.e.

no crypto map map-name interface interface-name

Thanks - I should have mentioned that there are other IPSEC vpn’s that need to stay up.

Okay... Then you can use the 1st option by removing the tunnel group commands.....

I like the

no crypto map map-name interface interface-name

...option best. The map-name should be unique per IPsec L2L VPN

I know this is an old post but I would like to point out that this doesn't work - you can only have one crypto map on an interface, removing it will remove any other IPsec VPNs from that interface too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card