cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminate SIP Connection on ASA 5505... Is it possible?

Luis Sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a SIP trunk in my Florida office connected to a Cisco 2851 ISR. I'm using Unified Communications Manager 8.0 and life is great.

We just opened a new office in Spain and now the fun begins.  We created a site-to-site VPN tunnel using ASA 5510 in Florida and ASA 5505 in Spain. We can register IP Commuicator phones in Spain but when they make calls it shows up as a Florida call. We need it to show up as a Spain call.

We are thinking to get a SIP trunk into the Spain office but I only have a ASA 5505 over there. Can I terminate a SIP connection to it? Is this the best option? If not, what is the recommened setup?  Thanks!

1 Reply 1

The payload option commonly used to perform NAT, between devices on overlapping networks that share the same IP address. For example, when an outside device sends a DNS query to 172.16.5.13, in order to reach an inside device 172.16.2.13, the local address inside the payload of the DNS reply is translated to a global address according to the relevant NAT rule.

Perhaps, the Cisco's DNS Doctoring method would work fine for you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00807968c8.shtml

Regards,

Ram

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card