Helpful
Replies

Unable to access ASDM after installing new os version on ASA 5505

hassan2go
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

please help,

my new ASA5505 was working fine connecting to ASDM until I wiped it.

my current version are asa842-k8.bin and asdm-645-206.bin.

I am using default 192.168.1.1

I have the below configuration currently running on the asa

the client and the firewall can ping each other and I can access/operate the firewall through console .

I do not have any Activation key, it was wiped out during the new version activation process.

I have attached the screen shot for IE and Firefox

ciscoasa# sh run ip

!

interface Vlan1

nameif inside

security-level 100

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

!

ciscoasa# sh run htt

http server enable

http 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 inside

ciscoasa# dir

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Akshay Rastogi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi, Please configure this "ssl encryption rc4-sha1 dhe-aes128-sha1 dhe-aes256-sha1 aes128-sha1 aes256-sha1 3des-sha1" in configuration mode. Also please make sure you have 3des license enable. You could check the same from command 'show activation-key'. If it is disabled then generate the license key from 'cisco.com/go/license' Hope it helps. Regards, Akshay Rastogi Remember to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Akshay Rastogi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi, Please configure this "ssl encryption rc4-sha1 dhe-aes128-sha1 dhe-aes256-sha1 aes128-sha1 aes256-sha1 3des-sha1" in configuration mode. Also please make sure you have 3des license enable. You could check the same from command 'show activation-key'. If it is disabled then generate the license key from 'cisco.com/go/license' Hope it helps. Regards, Akshay Rastogi Remember to rate helpful posts.

Akshay, you are a genius brother.

Got the activation key for 28 days.  

I just used this " ssl encryption rc4" as it mentioned while i tried to acces via firefox.

so all it was about the missing ACTIVATION KEY,

how do i get my original activation key back, i dont have any PAK or any other code to provide.

please help.

Hi,

If you have a support contract or contract number, you could open a tac case for license details, they would provide your the same. Provide your valid contract details and SN.

if you have just cleared the configuration, it would not clear the activation from ASA (formatting the flash do). if you had the default base license, then it might be possible that 3des license would get miss.

3des license is a free license from cisco.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Akshay Rastogi

Remember to rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card