boot image on root

asa rommon

ADDRESS=192.168.1.10

SERVER=192.168.1.40

GATEWAY=192.168.1.1

IMAGE=asa804-k8.bin

PORT=Ethernet0/0

tftp

The next message tells me that it failed the tftp transfer.  I'm using Putty.exe. I've used the same connections to upload the image/asdm to another ASA with no problem.

Any thoughts?

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

The gateway IP should be the same IP as the server for the ASA and the gateway IP of the PC should be the ASA IP.

HTH>

shzaman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For message

cannot find disk0:/asa805-k8.bin

error 15: file not found

unable to boot an image

--Make sure the image file is not corrupt, it will be better to do MD5 checksum verification.

--If that is fine then try booting into ROMMON and use 'erase disk0' command and then put image back. Remember erase command will delete all files in disk0 and you will see message related to disk mounting when you will boot the device which is normal.

--I hope this will help but if not and there is nothing wrong in TFTP transfer then I think flash has gone bad.

-Shahid

martin_knorre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

can you tell us, if there is enough space on flash? Maybe on Disk0: are more Images still alive. I would suggest that you format the flash, but take care you have to (re)license the ASA again. And then try to copy the Image via Hyperterminal, sometimes its better than Putty.

I'm not sure, but the ASA could support xmodem, it would takes some time but at the end it could fix the TFTP problem.

Regards

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: