Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to get hardware details for FMC and FTD instance

User_80617
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Recently we deployed cisco firepower FMC and FTD and monitoring it via SolarWinds. We are unable to get the serial numbers on SolarWinds tool. When we list resources, we don't see hardware sensors. Please suggest what IODs are used for hardware sensors monitoring.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Each virtual instance have its own serail number that be seen from FMC and from command line also. However, as I logged case with Cisco, getting serial numbers for FMC and a container is still not possible and there is a enhancement for this.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what model of FMC and FTD ? get MIB from the below site and add to Solarwinds and test ;

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/fxos/mib/b_FXOS_4100_9300_MIBRef/about_cisco_fxos_mib_files.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks Balaji for reply.

I am unable to get hardware detail for FMC. I am able to get same for FXOS but not for a container created on it. I am searching what OID to use for FMC and container. The link you shared has firepower MIBs but its not working for container.

Models : FMC : 2600. FPR - 4115. FTD OS 7.1

For hardware FMC you can query the CIMC interface if you have it connected and setup. FMC hardware is based on Cisco UCS C-series servers and the Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC) has full details of the hardware, disk drives, temperature etc.

For FTD running on a Firepower appliance with FXOS, querying FXOS should tell you everything about the hardware. FXOS generally manages the hardware and FTD is just an "application" running on the server.

Hi, FMC Mgmt & CIMC are 2 different IPs and hardware. Currently we are getting FXOS serial number but not getting same for container. Container again has different mgmt IP. Getting serial number for FMC, Container is needed so that it can be integrated with ticketing system to get incident created.

Below is a screenshot taken from an FMC 1000 comparing the output from the CIMC and FMC cli (dmidecode command from expert mode cli). As you can see, both report the same serial number.

An FTD instance running on Firepower hardware will not have its own separate hardware serial number. If you login to the FTD cli on a virtualized (container) instance, "show inventory" is not a supported command.

FMC 1000 serial numberFMC 1000 serial number

Hi,

Each virtual instance have its own serail number that be seen from FMC and from command line also. However, as I logged case with Cisco, getting serial numbers for FMC and a container is still not possible and there is a enhancement for this.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card