cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to update Antivirus pattern from Cisco CSC SSM

limlayhin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco ASA 5520, with Cisco ASA-SSM-CSC-10-K9. ASA version 8.4.3.

Since two days ago, automatic anti-virus pattern update for Cisco CSC SSM failed, error message as below:

AntiVirusPattern : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was unable to verify security information. The local trusted info database is corrupted. Please contact Trend Micro technical support.. The error code is 62.

The license is valid and the subscription is expired on Sep 2014.

Any body encountered similar problem before?

Any body has Trend Micro Cisco CSC SSM helpdesk contact?

I can't find any Trend Micro info for Cisco CSC SSM.

97 Replies 97

Scott Larsen
Level 1
Level 1

Side Note: the error/warning:

You must manually copy file /opt/trend/isvw/temp/AU/piranhacache/* to path /opt/trend/isvw/lib/mail/cache.

does *NOT* appear on the CSC unit I had to reimage, only on the ones I uplifted to patch 1140 and then uplifted to 1144.

I am wondering if 1140 "did something" procedurally that 1144 doesn't "back out".

I will attempt a reimage of one of the "erroneous" CSCs and apply only patch 1144 (skipping 1140) and report back next week.

--Scott

mjlaforge
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Magnus -

An update to my previous post.  My AV definitions are now updating but I am still not able to update the Virus Scan Engine.  It is till failing with the above mentioned error.  Do you have any guidance?

Thanks

Mike.

Mike,
That issue is one were working on another patch for. It is an issue that was present in earlier patches, so not a direct result of the 1144 or 1145 patches. The core issue is that the engine upgrade checks to see if a certain file exists prior to copying the new engine. Unfortunately that file is missing.

When a CSC is re-imaged, the file is not created, and the update code from patch 1140 and later does not create it (it is created during a successful update on earlier builds).

The fix is simple but we'd like to get it into a patch as opposed to having a need to tinker in the root account.

I expect a patch early next week. If you need a quick fix, open an SR and PM me the number.

Thanks!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello Magnus,

Any news for the fix? I've also reimaged my CSC devices with patch 1145 and the Virus Scan Engine doesn't update to the latest version. I would at least like to know if this is critical or not.

Best Regards,

Cristian

Hi Magnus,

anything new about the updating scan engine issue ?

Tanks Ralf

startx001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ,

im recived error 

AntiVirusPattern : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was
unable to verify security information. The local trusted info database is corrupted.
Please contact Trend Micro technical support.. The error code is 62.

AntiSpamEngine : Pattern Update: The download file was unsuccessful for ActiveUpdate was
unable to verify security information. The local trusted info database is corrupted.
Please contact Trend Micro technical support.. The error code is 62.

App. name:          CSC SSM
App. Status:        Up
App. Status Desc:   CSC SSM scan services are available
App. version:       6.3.1172.0

Can someone upload version 6.3.1172.4 ??

Issue is also that i cannot update antivirus database .

Any solution ?

KR 

VZ

Migrate to 6.6.1125.0.1145 (or later)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card