Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello All,I have a HQ with few hosts (10.1.1.x) which need to communicate to Remote office's hosts via VPN tunnel and servers via normal routing. Due to some limitation, we need HQ hosts to appear as from 20.1.1.x network for the RO which can be done...

osimonov1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Team,We have upgraded the ASA code from 8.X to 9.X, Post this i have cleared the nonat & policy ACL which was enabled in old code, nearly 6000 unwanted lines from the ASA has been cleared, what would be benefit of this. Will there be any command w...

I've got an ASA 5505 currently running 8.4. I'm working on enabling dual stack with my ISP which is Comcast. So I need to upgrade to a newer version with more complete IPv6 support. I'm thinking about going directly to the latest version in the 9.1(x...

Hello, looking at the ASA5505 outside interface connection options I see there is one called "obtain address via dhcp".I am trying to understand how this would work.So you would have a modem connected between your firewall and the ISP. The modem conn...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good moning from Spain,I am in my first steps about ASA Firewalling. My issue is that have created a ACL to permit the traffic between inside zone to outside zone but don't work the ping between 192.168.0.2 to 172.16.0.1. Attach the simple topology.a...

We have been seeing multple sig alerts with high severity and victim port 0 that are not being blocked by IPS. All other ports are blocked that are the same sig alert. I understand that port 0 is not valid port for traffic but I ha...

So I have a asa 5510 in my main office.  I have 4 other remote offices that connect witha 5505 through L2L VPN.  Have for  years no problems everything is perfect.We have added a new remote office so I am adding another 5505 to this office.  I have e...

Hello, I have a very weird issue.  Here what I am trying to accomplish:-  inside server:  192.168.1.84-  outside server:  94.95.96.97-  port 2222 is open on the inside server94.95.96.97:2222 should go to 192.168.1.84:2222 and is allowed from ANY host...

anaris by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,As a begineer in ASA, I'm trying to configure a 5505 to allow 3 hosts to access 4 servers in different routed networks. The 3 hosts are on the same vlan so I would think transparent firewall would work for this. The example below is from Config n...

b.ransom by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just want to ask a question that what could be a common problem in IDSM if it is fail to ping from the configuration session screen. IDSM installed in CISCO 6509 chassis and unable to ping. But Traffic is generating and displayin...

akhan2012 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes