cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unauthorized Access to FMC Web GUI but FMC Cli working fine

SuMyatLwin0903
Level 1
Level 1

I disabled admin role in FMC System>Users tab to test the same error happened in my customer site. 

Then, I always get this the same error message "Unable to authorize access. etc" when I login to FMC GUI.

unauthorized_access.png

To solve this, I used usertool.pl to reset admin user and give new password for admin. But it didn't work.

#usertool.pl -p 'admin my-password'

Help me solve this.

4 Replies 4

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there-

If you provide me with the info below I can test this on my end and try to provide feedback:

1. Detailed steps from start to finish 

2. The exact use case that is being tested here and the reasons behind it. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hi nspasov,
Use case
I found "Unable to authorize access, etc" when I login to FMC GUI in my customer site even the FMC cli console is working well. They said they accidentally disable admin user role in FMC System> Users tab. I did the same to test the same issue in my lab.
Steps I used
- Disable the admin user role in FMC System> Users tab. I use 6.5 FMC ver.
- I reboot FMC from cli.
- I use eo_tool according to this following community support.
https://community.cisco.com/t5/firewalls/unable-to-authorize-access-fmc/td-p/3882293
- It didn't work. Then usertool.pl to reset admin password and give new password. It also didn't work.
- I still get the the same error "Unable to authorize access when I login to FMC Web GUI".

Apologies for the delayed reply as it took a bit of time to track this down. Please try this:

1. Use the eo_tool to re-enable the admin role (Steps provided from the other thread). However, make sure that you "save" the changes before exiting the eo_tool:

?UserRole> save

After you save, go back and edit the file and confirm that the changes were save and the admin role is re-enabled

2. After the admin role is re-enabled, you will need to update some data and permissions. For this you can use a perl script. E.g:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use FlyLoader;
use Data::Dumper;

my $uuid = "bee2eb18-e129-11df-a04a-42c66f0a3b36";

warn "Refreshing All User Permissions...";
SF::Permission::refreshAllUserPermissions();

warn "Updating Policies With User Role...";
SF::AuthConfigObject::updatePoliciesWithUserRole($uuid);

warn "CSM notifyRoleEO...";
SF::CSMAgent::notifyRoleEO($uuid,'update');

3. After you run the script, restart mojo:

pmtool restartbyid mojo