Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

We are thinking of using Firepower's Geolocation database to block all incoming IP traffic from both China and Russia. My organization has no business dealing with any of those countries. That is not to say we do not see any traffic already blocked f...

Hello, I have FTDv with Firepower and it's connected to FMC - VMware appliance - On the VMware side it says VMware tools not installed - I checked on FMC I can only see the option to install VMware tools on FMCv instance itself and not the FTDv manag...

Menon by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good day, community. I attempt to upgrade our FMCv from 6.6.5 to 6.7.0-65, but the Readiness Check failed at /var/sf/upgrade-scripts/6.7.0/000_start/001_db_compat_check.sh Here is the upgrade_readiness.logadmin@cniv-fmcv:/var/log/sf/Cisco_Firepower_M...

a12288 by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So for whatever reason my ASA will not boot anymore. It just gets stuck in a reboot cycle and I'm thinking the flash may be completely crashed.   When it initially boots up it tries to boot but fails and the only option that works is to hit ESC to ge...

Zaleon by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I just noticed something on our ASAs  and was wondering if someone have seen this or if there is a better ezplanation for the difference between traffic(packets and bytes/s ) reported by an ASA on its  Physical Interfaces number  and nameif. Belo...

buffkata by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,i have a problem with the recovery mechanism in ipv6 that uses DHCP leasequeries. I have been trying to implement ipv6 security measures in our network, the equivalent of dhcp snooping and arp inspection on ipv4. For this i try to use the SISF-bas...

Hi all, I need to reinstate HA between two FMCs after having to rebuild the secondary FMC device.  They manage 18 devices and have a number of access policies, IDS/IPS and NAT configurations etc etc. I'm assuming this is going to take a good few hour...

I am replacing a 5550 ASA on my home network with a Firepower 1120.  I manually added the interfaces and such using similar naming conventions on the 5550.  When I mouse over 1/1 I see the message box stating "Gateway cannot be reached through port E...

image.png

Firepower 4110 created alarms: Ntp Configuration failed, please check the error message in Ntp host - Fault Code: 1661 checked NTP:NTP Overall Time-Sync Status: Time Synchronized So anybody can help what does fault code -1661 mean and what's soluti...

John.Wu2 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a perculiar problem with Cisco ASA that I have been trying to resolve for many days but I cannot even find the root cause. I have a network as seen in the diagram below. I cannot establish pings between these two LAN segments.    See output of...

ASA.PNG
Instate by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone I diable some sub-interface in FTD 2120 and deploy the config from FMC. unfortunately the communication between FMC and FTD going through that interface. how can enable sub-interface from fxos/expert mode or roll back the config to the la...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card