cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade of FTD2140 and FMC4500 to 7.0.4, health monitoring not working

FredrikW73
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading two FTD2140 and one FMC4500 to 7.0.4, health monitoring is not fully working. 

All the information panes under Health/Monitor/individual FTD device just show "No Data Available". 

What could be the problem?

11 Replies 11

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try re-applying the Health Policy from the Health Policy home page. I've seen this happen on a couple of deployments and that has fixed it consistently for me.

I tried re-applying the Health Policy but it made no difference.

Does the Health Policy monitor page allow you to "Run All" under an individual device?

No, there is no "run all" option under the individual devices. 

If I select Home in the left hand column and select an individual device from the tree structure, on the right, then I get a Run all option. 

CPU monitoring is however not listed in the health check list under the Run all option, even though CPU monitoring is activated in the health policy of the device. 

dknierim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, same behavior on my FMC(virtual). I tried with different Health Policies, but still the same. The "run all" is possible and show actual date and time.

I compared it with a FPR 2140 on version 7.0.1, which is on this FMC as well. Same health policy used, vers. 7.0.1 is displaying the graphs, 7.0.4 not, on version 7.0.1 I got 72 alerts vs. 18 alerts on 7.0.4.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It seems like both of you ( @FredrikW73 @dknierim ) are hitting some buggy behavior.I haven't encountered this across a dozen of more FMC 7.0.4 deployments I've worked with.

I suggest opening a TAC case to get an engineer to look at it with you in real time.

Yes, I agree, information are already provided to TAC...

dknierim
Level 1
Level 1

Well, as we expected it´s a Bug:

CSCwd30296 - Device Metrics Not Working After Upgrade to 7.0

In this file"sfipproxy.conf" are some information missing which added the TAC engineer with a perl-script. Then reboot and it´s working!

@dknierim  Thanks for updating us with the bugID. That will help others looking to solve the same problem.

Hi Sir,

Seems like my customer have some issue (there's no metric for the Managed Device /FPR 2140),

for the file perl-script, could you share the file ?
*on the bug id there's no perl-script file

Hello Agung1007,

I am sorry, I don´t remember which script it was. Perhaps you better open a case as well.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card