Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to FMC 7.3 and got a health alert about Smart Licensing

Just upgraded the Lab FMC from 7.2.1 to 7.3 and now have a Smart License Monitor alert.  Specifically, it says 'Smart Agent is not registered with Smart Licensing Cloud'.  If I look at the Smart License Status on the FMC, it says Authorized and Registered and the license status is green and 'in-compliance'.  If I look on the Smart License portal, I can see an event from this morning saying 'connected and successfully renewed it's identity certificate.

Googling 'Smart Agent is not registered with Smart Licensing Cloud' doesn't return anything helpful so far.

16 Replies 16

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@andrew.butterworth I got the same thing in my lab.

For me, it cleared up once I de-registered and then re-registered with a token from the Smart Software Licensing portal (and then let the health monitor poller run a cycle).

I confirm it works for me

I de-registered and then re-registered with a token from the Smart Software Licensing portal (and then let the health monitor poller run a cycle).

Worked for me also.

Thank you. The above process fixes my issue. 

Thanks Martin.  That seems to have done the trick.

Loopback interfaces....  How long have we been waiting for that?

Loopback interfaces....  How long have we been waiting for that?

and TLS1.3 for Remote Access VPNs!!!

jmeetze
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue except in my case, the error appeared after going from 7.2.5 to 7.2.5.1 on my FMC.  After de-registering and re-registering my FMC with the Smart Licensing Cloud, the error cleared.  Just remember to re-apply any licenses to your FTDs.

ethutchinson
Level 1
Level 1

I got the same error going from 7.2.5.to 7.2.5.1. How would I reapply the licenses?

@ethutchinson re-apply the licenses by going into device management and making sure the device details have the tick boxes for the in-use licenses selected.

jmeetze
Level 1
Level 1

Well since my last post of de-registering my FMC and re-registering, the issue has come back.  I didn't have an issue for about 2 months, then all of a sudden I'm having this error again.  I currently have a case open with TAC, but it looks like we might be hitting a bug here as the workaround seems to only work for a few months.  Anyone else on 7.2.5.1 having this issue?

jmeetze,

I just upgraded to 7.2.5.1 as well and I was getting the same issue. To be honest I had TAC fix it for me. There is an acitve bug for this behavior  https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwf80163

Basically,I took a screenshot of my installed licenses, created and copied over a new token in Cisco Software Central for my FMC, Then I de-registered and then re-registered my FMC with Cisco software central, and reapplied my licenses.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the information.  I see in the work around in that bug that it does state this is a temporary workaround and that the customer may encounter the issue again, which is my case, so it looks like you either have to upgrade to 7.4.1 or just de-register and re-register each time the error comes back.

yes, I have this problem too with 7.2.5.1, deregistered and registered and problem came back

dBu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would be grateful for some handholding - for my (presumably significant) sins I am looking after our FTD, but network engineering is not my background. I am a bit scared to remove our business from the internet if I get this wrong...

When you write "de-register the device..." am I right in thinking that you mean this view here? (see attached screenshot if it does not appear inline).

CiscoDereg.png

Many thanks!
dBu

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card