cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading non X ASA

CCLSupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, One of our clients has an oldish 5512 ASA that is not Firepower capable so does not have the "X" designation. We wish to upgrade this to deal with the recent vulnerability discovered with the webvpn component. I have the requisite support contract to download what I need, but I can only find software for next gen X firewalls, Forgive me if I am missing something obvious here.

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

The 5512 is an X version and software can be found under  "ASA 5500-X Series Firewalls". The old non-X firewall line the 5510, 5520,5550,5580 can also be found under "ASA 5500-X Series Firewalls"in the Security > Firewall > Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA) download options

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

The 5512 is an X version and software can be found under  "ASA 5500-X Series Firewalls". The old non-X firewall line the 5510, 5520,5550,5580 can also be found under "ASA 5500-X Series Firewalls"in the Security > Firewall > Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA) download options

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Thanks John, very helpful. Cheers
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card