Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Conference lag delay using firepower

manvik
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am using Cisco Firepower 2100 series firewalls. Whole network has lots of Video conferencing devices.

VC devices are mainly Cisco SX-80

There's a huge delay,break,jitter for VC when using Cisco firepower. Once the devices are detached from firepower and connected straight there's no issues.

I have not enabled any IPS, any port blocking in Firewall. Anyone, any idea why is firepower causing disturbance to the video conferencing.

3 Replies 3

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Try disabling inspection for RTSP from global_policy

From FTD Cli enter below command 

> configure inspection rtsp disable

Hope This Helps

Abheesh

Vicente Miño
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem, but unlike that the delay and packet losses only start when they start sharing a screen or starting a presentation. Can this command solve the problem?

ccieexpert
Level 3
Level 3

It may not be using RTSP, it could be other protocols such as h.323/SIP. so try to disable inspection during a test window.

does this happen on every call ? what version of FTD are you running ?

Also nowadays most of the voice traffic is encrypted, you may not get any benefit of IPS etc.. you said you dont have IPS, but even if you do trust action on IPS, it may go through some processing.

I suggest to do a pre-filter on that traffic:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-blogs/pre-filter-policy-configuration-on-firepower-threat-defense/ba-p/4671187

**Please rate as helpful if this was useful**

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card