cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual NGFW/FTD Local Manager?

jwilliamsuo
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to set up a virtual NGFW/FTD in our lab environment.  I wanted it to be a stand alone system and not have to set up a separate manager.  However, when I try to enable the local manager, I receive the following error:

"This device does not support local management."

Is there something that I'm missing or something special that I need to do?  Or is local management truly not available with the virtual NGFW appliance?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

I'm having the same problem.

The datasheet states that it is supported on VMware, but I get the same error.

Thank you.

alvarteearu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Had same issue in my lab and it seems, that data sheet is little bit misleading. According to development guide, virtual devices do not have web interfaces, you must use the CLI to register a virtual device to a Cisco Firepower Management Center, which can be physical or virtual.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/vmware/ftdv/ftdv-vmware-qsg.html#pgfId-3299608

BR

Alvar

Poltergeist
Level 1
Level 1

For managing FTDv, you must register your FTD with FMC. FTDv cannot be locally managed.

Cisco FTD error : This device does not support local management.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card