cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Bandwidth Utilization

dinesh_kpatel
Level 1
Level 1

I have site to site Configuration of VPN 3030 Concentrator ( one At HQ) and VPN 3005 Concentrator ( 14 At Branch Office). I want to measure the Bandwidth Utilization of VPN 3030 Concentrator at HQ.

Is there any command,network management software tool or utility available so I can measure the Bandwidth ?

Dinesh

6 Replies 6

noc
Level 1
Level 1

MRTG; just measure all traffic going in and out of either concentrator.. you will need to configure an SNMP community string..

I am new to this but am trying to learn. Where can I start and learn about community strings. I am trying out a Solarwinds Network Management Software because I don't know Linux. And I guess that rules out MRTG, right?

Juha Polkko
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

Opensystems Private I syslog software collects, alerts, reports, and archives VPN (and other syslog) log data.

Private I can detail the activity going through your VPNs, as well as tell you how much of the network users are using.

-Collects thousands of messages per second from a variety of network devices

-Real time alert notification via audio, visual, email, SNMP, or pager

-Powerful ad-hoc query capability

-Over 100 canned reports and graphs

-Easy customization and creation of new reports

-Scheduled report engine for timely output

-Offloading aged data for easy access

Check http://www.opensystems.com

Br Juha

akhopkar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dinesh ,

u can use MRTG (Multi Router Traffic grapher)utility to monitor the bandwidth utilization.

its free just search MRTG for win 98 or NT in google & u can download & insatll the rwquired software n scripts.

it gives u a daily , weekly , monthly & yearly traffic patterns of your router interfaces.

its good.. try it out.

bye

Hi AMIT

Thanks for Your Help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card