Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connection

c
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My vpn connection works but I don't have access to the network. The only thing I can ping for instance is the VPN router (192.168.2.252). Other servers or touters are not found. If I do a ping from the vpn router directly, I can ping everything on the network.

I assume I have to configure a route to the internal network range ?

Thanks,

Gunther.

4 Replies 4

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Gunther,

Make sure you have a route to the inside network on the VPN device if it is on a different network. routing is a normal problem for cases like yours. another thing which you can look is see if there are any access-lists on the inside, which blocks traffic to your network. make sure you can see or ping the inside server after connecting on VPN. make sure the inside server knows how to reach the IP pool of the VPN device.

all the best..

Raj

Gunther, Raj;

Thanks for letting me put in my two cents; I have the exact same issue, but my case involves software VPN Client logins to a 1710 router.

Raj, would I be correct in taking from your advice, that I could achieve connectivity through the VPN tunnel by creating a static route to the network that contains the IP pool range for the dynamic clients?

If there is an access-list that requires a permit statement for the pool IP range, should it be on the outside interface access-list inbound from VPN clients, on the inside access-list outbound from the network, or both?

Hello,

This was the solution for my problem, create a route to the IOP Pool range. Give the IP pool a different ip range, easier to work with. I gave it the same and so didn't notice the acces problem.

For instance network 192.1682.2.xxx and vpn pool 192.168.3.xxx . Then create static route to 192.168.3.xxx

Thanks for the reply;

I had a feeling that was the solution...but what would the 'next hop' be for a VLAN (which is where the VPN IP pool resides)?

Should the route statement read:

ip route xx.xx.xx.xx vlan [nn] ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card