cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn-idle-timeout not working

Tejas.Map
Level 1
Level 1

We have vpn-idle-timeout set to 120 mins. My understanding is it will kick in when a user losses network connection i.e pc going to sleep or network interruptions. If idle timeout expires then SSL tunnel drops and inactive timer starts. Does the user still retain the anyconnect session when the idle timeout expires? If yes, what is the timeout for anyconnect session. 

3 Replies 3

Tejas.Map
Level 1
Level 1

We have vpn-idle-timeout set to 120 mins. My understanding is it will kick in when a user losses network connection i.e pc going to sleep or network interruptions. If idle timeout expires then SSL tunnel drops and inactive timer starts. Does the user still retain the anyconnect session when the idle timeout expires? If yes, what is the timeout for anyconnect session. 

You're posting in the collaboration forum, might want to move your post to a relevant area.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Default is 30min if you set time idle time out - if no activity for 120min, the user kick off automatically. But need to look at your config and logs why this was not taken effectively when you configured.

give more information for us to understand,  what is the device and code running on the device.

what is any connect version?

here is some of FAQ :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/116312-qanda-anyconnect-00.html#anc20

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card