cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Tunnel Disruption through VMS

pkinzel
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of setting up VMS and have noticed that with every 'save and deploy' that I do, that all of my Pix's (which run VPN's) are given the following commands:

‘no crypto map x interface outside’

‘crypto map x 20 set security-association lifetime seconds 28800 kilobytes 4608000’

‘crypto map x interface outside’

These lifetime parameters do not show up in the config of the Pix and have never been configured. I can not remove the parameters from the IPSec Tunnel Template (or even set them to zero).

How do I stop these 3 commands from taking down my VPN tunnels with every change I make though VMS?

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Try this:

Change the crypto map x to use sequence number "1" manually on the PIX. Then remove this IPsec policy from VSM. Check if the auto termination of the tunnel stops now.

If I understand your suggestion, if I remove this IPsec tunnel (which is what I assume you mean from 'policy') from VMS, I can no longer make changes to it through VMS, which I would like to do.

Any changes made directly on the Pix will not be replicated to VMS without reimporting the device.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card