Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Web Interface Configuration

m.santangelo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We have a Cisco Firepower 2140 and it is running VPN services for us.  It is configured such that we can go to https://<hostname>/+CSCOE+/logon.html#form_title_text and login to get the client.

However, the problem is the SSL certificate for that hostname and  address appears to be self-signed certificate.  I'm trying to replace it with our domain wildcard certificate, however I can't seem to find the settings for it.Firewall  

Any advice?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's odd. I've deployed several remote access VPNs on FMC and they all worked as advertised vis-a-vis the certificate.

Certificates aren't generally cached so it shouldn't be necessary to clear client browser cache etc. when replacing the identity certificate.

You might want to open a TAC case so that the engineer can have a look in real time with you.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,
Are you running ASA or FTD code on this appliance?

It's running the FTD code, I believe.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you're running Firepower Threat Defense (FTD), you set it as follows:

1. FMC-Managed: Devices > VPN > Remote Access. Select and edit the VPN Profile. Access Interfaces tab and specify the "SSL Global Identity Certificate" there. Save and deploy.

2. FDM-Managed: Device Monitoring > Remote Access VPN. Select and edit the VPN Profile. Click Nex, next and then choose "Certificate of Device Identity". Then Next > Finish and then Deploy.

If you're running ASA image then set it as described in detail here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/public-key-infrastructure-pki/200339-Configure-ASA-SSL-Digital-Certificate-I.html#anc12

Interesting, in the FMC that's where I have it configured, but it's still showing the old certificate, even after being deployed.  I had to upload the certificate to Devices -> Certificate first, in order to get it in the Global Identity Certificate drop down though.

vpn.png

That's odd. I've deployed several remote access VPNs on FMC and they all worked as advertised vis-a-vis the certificate.

Certificates aren't generally cached so it shouldn't be necessary to clear client browser cache etc. when replacing the identity certificate.

You might want to open a TAC case so that the engineer can have a look in real time with you.

Thanks for your help! We'll enter a case with TAC.  Thankfully it's not a huge issue, just trying to unify the environment.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card