Helpful
Replies

Wake on LAN with FMC

luaymusleh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Community,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am currently working on configuring Wake on LAN  on a Firepower 1000 series device and could use some guidance on the required steps, including NAT configuration. Here are the details of my network setup:

1. I have created a broadcast object for Wake on LAN with the following settings:

• Mask: 255.255.255.255
    • Broadcast Address: 192.168.72.255
    • Internal Network: 192.168.72.0/24
  2. I have an "outside" network with the following details:

• IP Range: 192.168.70.0/24
  3. I've established a VPN connection from outside to an Azure server with the following IP range:

• Azure Server: 10.0.0.0/16

Now, I'm looking to configure  (NAT) and open a specific Wake on LAN port to enable communication from my internal network to the Azure server. The requirements are as follows:

• Configure NAT to allow traffic from the internal network (192.168.72.0/24) to the Azure server (10.0.1.10).
  • Open U D P port 9/7 for Wake on LAN.
  • Access Control

I would appreciate any guidance or configurations needed on the Firepower 1000 series device to make this Wake on LAN setup work, including the necessary NAT rules and port configuration.

1 Reply 1

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This space is intended for questions related to Cisco ISE and NAC-related solutions. Your question would be better directed to the Network Security space.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card