cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are the limits to objects you can add to a group on FTD/FMC?

ivanyk79
Level 1
Level 1

I have heard people say a group can only have 100 objects however the system lets you add well over a hundred objects to a group. Others have said you are prompted with a warning after 200 objects. 

Is anyone able to clarify or offer insight whether limits exist? 

For example i have groups on my FTD/FMC that have over 200 objects. Will this still block all objects in the group or will a limit affect what is being addressed. 

Any help would be great so i can fix any issues and move forward in a recommended way.

3 Replies 3

@ivanyk79 the 100 object limit is when you manually type the values in the object group. If you create network/host objects and reference the object in the object group, then you can add over 2000+.

Hi Rob. Thanks for the quick response.

Just so I understand correctly, would manually typing values into the object group be done with the add feature?

Normally i would create a network object and add it to the network group. However in some cases i want to add a large number of IPs so i add the large comma separate string via the add feature. 

If this is considered manually adding objects, will objects 101 and so on not be addressed? 

Kris

@ivanyk79 typing the network/host values = 100 maximum. Defining networks objects and adding these objects to the group = 2000+ objects.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card