cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When Should You Use Clear xlate?

GreenT
Level 1
Level 1

The company I work for re-located their ASA 5510 to a new office location with a new static IP assigned to us from our ISP. If I update our NAT rules with this new static IP do I need to run the clear xlate command or should I just add new NAT rules?

When should you run the clear xlate command?

Thanks in advance!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

after add new NAT for new IP, especial static NAT, I think you need to clear xlate, BUT 
xlate have timeout if you move ASA from site to site I think timeout will automatic clear all xlate. 

View solution in original post

xlate will clear after on its timeout. also to make sure things are fresh, you can clear that manually too.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

after add new NAT for new IP, especial static NAT, I think you need to clear xlate, BUT 
xlate have timeout if you move ASA from site to site I think timeout will automatic clear all xlate. 

xlate will clear after on its timeout. also to make sure things are fresh, you can clear that manually too.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

GreenT
Level 1
Level 1

Excellent, thank you all!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card