cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why are ASA5510's so slow?

johnaceti
Level 1
Level 1

This is the second 5510 I have seen where after making a change in the ASDM it takes over a minute for the ASDM configuration to finish loading.

Can someone please tell me if this is normal? I have the latest ASDM and IOS on this box.

This is almost as slow as a UC300. Is this normal?

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I think the problem is more likely that the ASDM software and Java are causing the problems and slowness.

All my ASDM related problems have been due to somehow to local computer and its software rather than problem on the actual ASA firewall.

I just dont see these problem that freqently as I use the CLI to configure the ASA mostly.

I guess you could always try the CLI and see if there is any actual problems with the ASA. Anyway the ASDM only works as a GUI to insert the CLI format configurations/commands to the ASA.

Have you checked if there is a high load on memory or CPU on the ASA that could explain this? (If the actual software/java aint causing the problems)

- Jouni

paulstone80
Level 3
Level 3

I agree with Jouini, it's most likely a local PC issue. When our corporate av solution was changed to McAfee I found that it took the asdm over a minute to open on first run due to the McAfee java scanning process.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

HTH Paul ****Please rate useful posts****
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card