cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will Cisco AnyConnect client for Windows 7 or 10 allow me to connect to my ASA 5506-X?

martini11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we're currently using an older Cisco VPN Client that runs on our Windows 7 computers to connect to our remote ASA 5506-X firewalls. 

Can anyone tell me if the replacement product called Cisco Any Connect client version 4.x ( or any version)  for Windows 7 or Windows 10 would allow the same remote connectivity to my 5506-X that my older VPN client allows? Has anyone gotten this to work?

Thx.

David.

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Yes, that's a pretty straight forward standard configuration. You can use AnyConnect with ASA for Remote Access VPN, using either SSL-VPN or IKEv2/IPSec. Here are a few configuration examples:- SSL-VPN and IPSec

HTH

Will this require installing a CA Certificate from a certificate authority for Anyconnect to  be able to connect to the Cisco ASA 5506-X? Can I use a self signed certificate instead? Is there a video document on how to setup an ASA 5506 to accept Anyconnect connections? I have it working with the Cisco VPN Client now but need it to work with Anyconnect.

If you use the self-signed certificate you will have to change a setting in the client to allow it and click past the warning for it if you use the web portal. Otherwise it works.

Note that AnyConnect requires licenses. Two free ones are included with all ASAs but to have more than two users you will need to buy licenses (minimum quantity 25 each). Getting updated software also requires having purchased a license (i.e. not using the free ones).

Can you provide a link to instructions on what setting to change for the self signed? And a step by step for setting up the ASA for anyconnect to work?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card