Xlate and connection on seperate interface

ntidcombe1
Level 1
Level 1

outside = 10.10.10.1 /24

inside = 172.16.0.1 /24

Dmz = 192.168.0.1 /24

nat (inside) 0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

If i have a connection established from an inside host (172.16.0.100) to an outside server (10.10.10.50) will i need to issue the clear xlate command if i then add a DMZ no nat rule and i want to connect to the same outside server from the dmz

nat (dmz) 0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

The reason i ask is that I am unable to issue the "clear xlate" command due to change management controls.

3 Replies 3

jim
Level 1
Level 1

You should be able to just clear xlate for that host entry instead of a global clear xlate command. This would avoid an interupt in service for the rest of your network hosts.

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello neil,

Do the DMz hosts, already existing on the network with some statics or nat before??? If this is a new configuration or interface, i believe, u dont need to do a clear xlate, as there are will be no translations for the clients on the DMZ.. nat 0 from inside will be on the nat table, but will not clash on the nat table created by the DMZ hosts....

If nat entry already exists, you have to do a clear xlate and as told by fellow netpro engineer, u can do it with a particular host.. no other go !!

Hope this helps.. all the best..

Raj

lganeva
Level 1
Level 1

there is no need to do clear xlate. In the first case you connect from an inside host, in the second from the DMZ. There are separate xlate slots.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card