Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

zone based firewall and jabber

hi,

I have problem with jabber behind zone based firewall ..... sip registration is down after 15 min. It works ok if there is no fw in between. I gues it has to do something with some default timeout, but cannot find default timeout valuest for zone based fw. Any ideas what I could change in fw config?

br

3 Replies 3

You would need to provide the router's configuration if we are to give any insight as to what might be the issue.  Please provide this as well as the source and destination IPs / subnets in question.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

davelittle260
Level 1
Level 1

@DraganSkundric87318 wrote: QuickPayPortal.com

hi,

I have problem with jabber behind zone based firewall ..... sip registration is down after 15 min. It works ok if there is no fw in between. I gues it has to do something with some default timeout, but cannot find default timeout valuest for zone based fw. Any ideas what I could change in fw config?

br

A Zone-Based Firewall assigns each interface to a specific zone. The firewall zones will be used to define what traffic is allowed to flow between the interfaces. The traffic that originates in the EdgeRouter itself will also be assigned to a zone: the local zone.

disabling sip inspection workarrouned the problem

parameter-map type inspect NO_SIP
no application-inspect sip

policy-map type inspect ZONE1_TO_ZONE2
class type inspect ZONE1_TO_ZONE2
inspect NO_SIP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card