cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Lar1416
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was doing a packet tracer lab. Everything was fine, working, then suddenly it freezed. I closed the window. Now everytime I open this file, it freezes. I uninstalled it and reinstall, still the same. Tried with an older version, keeps crashing, with the 32 bits version, keeps crashing.

I had previous versions of the files, and it is fine, just this one.

Maybe it's because too many devices are powering up? I don't know what to do, i need to to show it for a project. It was fine while doing it, until it freezed, now i can't access my file anymore.

What to do ? thanks

5 Comments
Martin L
VIP
VIP

How many devices do u have ? Try to remove some devices like PCs if you can. 

you can attach your PT file here, maybe we can test it for you

PT file must be zip format

Lar1416
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 17 elements (PC, router, switch, server, WLC, laptop...), yes that's a lot. But before configuring DHCP, it worked, and after it, the packet tracer file freeze.

I try adding a zip but it says the file type zip is not supported

So here a link to download it : my pkt file 

@Martin L 

Martin L
VIP
VIP

17 is not that much; it should be fine; 50 and more is when PT may have issues;

I cannot open your file, nothing is opening.

Lar1416
Level 1
Level 1

@Martin L Is the zip empty or could you get the packet tracer file?

Maybe the problem is worse on your computer ? I can open the file, see my topology, but then it freezes. Fortunately i got another file to show to my teacher, i will do with it hopefully it won't crash again

https://filebin.net/z9yqa4dq454ncnvy

blatin2518
Level 1
Level 1

I found out if my browser is open while using the Packet tracer, the Packet tracer crashes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: