Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Tetration Scalability questions - larger size than Large form factor

trandinh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

From what i check on datasheet, Cisco Tetration ( large form factor )  which including 36 servers  + 3 Nexus 9300 platform  can support as follows: 

-  Number of concurrent servers from which telemetry data can be analyzed  -> up to 25000

-  Number of flow events that can be processed per second  -> Up to 2 million per second

-  Number of hardware sensor enabled Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches -> Up to 100

My question is -  Let say my company  have larger size of concurrent servers, flow events and Nexus 9000 for example we have 50000 servers, 4 million per second flow events, and 200 Nexus 9000 switches. 

How can we scale Cisco Tetration  to analyze this larger quantity ?  Do  we  have to add more servers to Cisco Tetration  - let say 72 servers to scale up ?  or we have to  set up one more Cisco Tetration to support scalability ? 

Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Satya Narra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is recommended to have a second cluster. We cannot scale up like the way you suggested.
Couple of things to consider before you make the decision are,

Are all the servers in the same DC?
Do you want your telemetry to travel across your WAN?

Based on some these answers, you can probably position one cluster per DC.

This design can lead to some other design challenges (depending on your use case). So thread carefully.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Satya Narra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is recommended to have a second cluster. We cannot scale up like the way you suggested.
Couple of things to consider before you make the decision are,

Are all the servers in the same DC?
Do you want your telemetry to travel across your WAN?

Based on some these answers, you can probably position one cluster per DC.

This design can lead to some other design challenges (depending on your use case). So thread carefully.

Got it. Thank you for answer