Views
Helpful
Replies

Device is locked in a sync-from operation by session

igotni
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm facing a problem while trying to sync-from a netsim device.

10.PNG

when I tried to list sessions that exist I didn't find this session (195579)

admin@ncs-rfs# who

10.PNG

10.PNG

Is there any solution to force a sync-from ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ramkraja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

10.PNG

Looks like a sync-from was initiated, and while the sync-from was on-going, the session was terminated (Ctrl-C in the CLI or kill the Netconf session or whatever). Actions/transactions towards devices are protected by so-called 'device locks', so that when an action is on-going in a device, no one else can write to the same device. Unfortunately, these device locks are not visible through any API's, and so, in cases like this where there is a stale lock towards a device, there is no way to release that lock, except restarting NSO.

This behavior has been fixed in NSO-4.7.4, so that when an action is interrupted, the locks/resources held up by that action are properly cleaned up. But for versions prior to NSO-4.7.4, the only way is to restart NSO.

/Ram

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ramkraja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

10.PNG

Looks like a sync-from was initiated, and while the sync-from was on-going, the session was terminated (Ctrl-C in the CLI or kill the Netconf session or whatever). Actions/transactions towards devices are protected by so-called 'device locks', so that when an action is on-going in a device, no one else can write to the same device. Unfortunately, these device locks are not visible through any API's, and so, in cases like this where there is a stale lock towards a device, there is no way to release that lock, except restarting NSO.

This behavior has been fixed in NSO-4.7.4, so that when an action is interrupted, the locks/resources held up by that action are properly cleaned up. But for versions prior to NSO-4.7.4, the only way is to restart NSO.

/Ram

Thanks