Views
Helpful
Replies

Device versions supported by cisco-ios-cli NED

Priya Chaturvedi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.

I want to add some svl (lab) devices to our NSO instance but I am not sure if they will work with available NED versions in NSO or not.

Is there a way I can find what all device versions are supported by a NED version?

In particular, I am trying to add device: 

Cisco 3945 running "ios"

version: 15.7(3)M7

And available NEDs are: 

cisco-ios-cli-6.79, 

cisco-ios-cli-6.80

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try to use the latest NED . 

The ned should handle the different version of IOS . You shouldn’t care of that .

If you face an issue on a specific command you should open a case .

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Nabsch
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

You have several options : 

If you have a real device you can try to perform sync-from verbose. You will get all the skipped lines which means the command that the ned is not able to parse . You have to open a case for each context to request support for the command that are missing .

You can also declare a device and try the action load-native-config 

You can also check the yang file but it will take a long time to go through all device configuration 

Hi Nabsch,

Thanks for your reply.

I have several versions available of these ios lab devices. So I am looking forward to a solution which helps me pick the right version of device that can work with available NEDs, without first having to add these devices to NSO. 

I am extremely novice when it comes to NSO so I am not sure if this is even possible. I just wanted to save the effort of trying to add different devices and see which one works and which one does not. It would be great if I can know in advance which device version will work with which NED and then I want to proceed with adding the devices to NSO.

Let me know if there is a way out, and also correct me if somewhere my understanding is wrong.

Thanks!

Try to use the latest NED . 

The ned should handle the different version of IOS . You shouldn’t care of that .

If you face an issue on a specific command you should open a case .

Hey, if that's the case that NED can handle different versions on its own, then you have solved a big problem for me.

Thank you!

Here an extract from the README

cisco-ios NED README

--------------------

1. Introduction
---------------

This document describes - cisco-ios - the NED for Cisco devices
   running IOS Classic or XE. It supports all devices (Catalyst, ISR,
   NCS etc) as long as they are running IOS. Note: For 'IOS XR' please
   use the cisco-iosxr NED.