cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

having problems installing the nfvo function pack.

ron.whitt
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install the NFVO function pack on a fresh NSO 4.5.2 local install.

When I compile some of the packages in the function pack, I get this error:

getting error /bin/sh: 1: xmllint: not found package.mk:58: *** Missing package name in package-meta-data.xml. 

the installer I used is: ncs-4.4-tailf-etsi-rel2-nfvo-project-1.2.1.signed.bin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So loading that libxml2-utils was the solution!

so, for anyone using this post:

1) after a clean Ubuntu install (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS), do:

sudo apt-get install libxml2-utils

2) Once you unpack the NFVO install .bin, it will create a number of tar.gz files which will have to be unpacked.  I put these in my NSO distribution directory under packages

3) I had to go through each package and do a make clean all, some of the packages had a Makefile directly under the package directory, these also had a package.mk file.  For some of the packages you have to go under the /src directory and you'll find a makefile there. 

4) once all the packages were compiled, I added symbolic links to each package under my run directory /ncs-run/packages

5) now I could  go into ncs command line and do a packages reload and all the packages came up

Fredrik, is right, typically you don't have to recompile, for some reason I did.  So... if you run into this.  make sure libxml2-utils is installed.  That did the trick for me!

Fredrik, thanks for the help ... as always!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

frjansso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't need to compile the NFVO packages, they come pre-compiled.

If you want to compile, please install xmllint, it usually comes with the libxml2-utils package.

Right, that's what I assumed but when I try to do a packages reload this is what I get:

admin@ncs# packages reload

>>> System upgrade is starting.

>>> Sessions in configure mode must exit to operational mode.

>>> No configuration changes can be performed until upgrade has completed.

>>> System upgrade has been cancelled.

Error: Internal error: {failed,

{recompile_needed,

"./state/packages-in-use/1/tailf-etsi-rel2-nfvo/load-dir/tailf-etsi-rel2-nfvo.fxs"}}

This a fresh install on a new VM, do you think I'm missing some other base load on this server?  I'll try the libxml2-utils package as you suggest.  Thanks for the quick reply.

When I looked the details of your original post I see you have NFVO for NSO 4.4, so when you move between major NSO versions (4.4 -> 4.5), you have to recompile. Your other option is to download NFVO for NSO 4.5.

So loading that libxml2-utils was the solution!

so, for anyone using this post:

1) after a clean Ubuntu install (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS), do:

sudo apt-get install libxml2-utils

2) Once you unpack the NFVO install .bin, it will create a number of tar.gz files which will have to be unpacked.  I put these in my NSO distribution directory under packages

3) I had to go through each package and do a make clean all, some of the packages had a Makefile directly under the package directory, these also had a package.mk file.  For some of the packages you have to go under the /src directory and you'll find a makefile there. 

4) once all the packages were compiled, I added symbolic links to each package under my run directory /ncs-run/packages

5) now I could  go into ncs command line and do a packages reload and all the packages came up

Fredrik, is right, typically you don't have to recompile, for some reason I did.  So... if you run into this.  make sure libxml2-utils is installed.  That did the trick for me!

Fredrik, thanks for the help ... as always!

From this post, just got to know that u got NFVO bundle installed successfully in NSO system.

Can someone help me with steps?

I am struck in the same problem. As some how the package-reload does not take NFVO packages into consideration.

I have done the following:

1. I have NSO system installed as VM in ubuntu VM.

ubuntu@ubuntu1604:~/nso-4.7$ ls
bin CHANGES doc erlang etc examples.ncs include java lib LICENSE man ncsrc ncsrc.tcsh netsim packages README scripts src support var VERSION
ubuntu@ubuntu1604:~/nso-4.7$ pwd
/home/ubuntu/nso-4.7

ubuntu@ubuntu1604:~$ ls
esc ESC_files escyang  ncs-run nfvo-project-3.5.0 nso-4.7 nso-4.7.linux.x86_64 nso-4.7.linux.x86_64.zip tailf-etsi-rel2-nfvo-ui
ubuntu@ubuntu1604:~$ pwd
/home/ubuntu

Now i have gone to /home/ubuntu/ncs_run/packages directory and untar the ncs-4.7.1-tailf-etsi-rel2-nfvo-3.5.0.tar.gz

Got ncs-4.7.1-tailf-etsi-rel2-nfvo-project-3.5.0 directory.

copied ncs-4.7.1-tailf-etsi-rel2-nfvo-project-3.5.0/packages/* to ncs_run/packages directory and run "ncs --with-package-reload"

It does not work. Pls help.

Rgds
Satish