cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any way to do device sync-from periodically?

Raja.Selvaraj
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I want to do a sync-from on a timely basis. Any recommendation or suggestion would be helpful. Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your comments. But I want to do a periodic sync for specific interfaces. Is there any North-bound API exposed for partial-sync from in NSO, similar to sync-from (/api/running/devices/_operations/sync-from). Thanks

View solution in original post

Yes, the partial-sync-from call is a regular action, and exposed in the same way as sync-from, it was added in 4.4.1. Its arguments are a leaf-list of xpath-expressions. The full definition is available in tailf-ncs-devices.yang.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

yfherzog
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In NSO development guide, have a look under chapter "Scheduler".

Yftach

Does it support in NSO 4.4.2.1 version? I don't see the documentation around this on 4.4.2.1 development guide.

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The schedule is new in 4.5. But, I also want to warn you against doing periodic sync-from, it is fairly bad for performance and generally not a good design choice in the longer term.

Thanks for your comments. But I want to do a periodic sync for specific interfaces. Is there any North-bound API exposed for partial-sync from in NSO, similar to sync-from (/api/running/devices/_operations/sync-from). Thanks

Yes, the partial-sync-from call is a regular action, and exposed in the same way as sync-from, it was added in 4.4.1. Its arguments are a leaf-list of xpath-expressions. The full definition is available in tailf-ncs-devices.yang.