Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes that is exactly it.

As you noticed, the syslog messages have more of an explanation in the manual, they are more formalized. I don’t know how much further we can push the alarms, but, it should be possible to produce better documentation. I recommend that you raise a ticket to support for that.

As an amusing side-note I was a TeMIP consultant for five years, and have spent more time than I care to admit building SNMP AMs. A lot of the NSO alarm model is inspired by lessons learned in TeMIP.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi.

This might be better to handle in a support case.

The documentation covers this only briefly, in the admin guide there is a list of the possible alarms, and their severities and a description. Can you express what they feel is missing?

The problem is that the action will be so very context dependant.

mgu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for your reply.

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes that is exactly it.

As you noticed, the syslog messages have more of an explanation in the manual, they are more formalized. I don’t know how much further we can push the alarms, but, it should be possible to produce better documentation. I recommend that you raise a ticket to support for that.

As an amusing side-note I was a TeMIP consultant for five years, and have spent more time than I care to admit building SNMP AMs. A lot of the NSO alarm model is inspired by lessons learned in TeMIP.

mgu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you very much. I will raise a doc support case for that.