cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

resource-manager compile issue NSO 4.7.5.1 Python3

kiran kotari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am compiling the resource-manager in python3 and I am getting a python syntax issue

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/kkotari/nso-4.7.5.1/lib/pyang/bin/pyang", line 411, in <module>
    run()
  File "/Users/kkotari/nso-4.7.5.1/lib/pyang/bin/pyang", line 27, in run
    plugin.init(plugindirs)
  File "/Users/kkotari/nso-4.7.5.1/lib/pyang/pyang/plugin.py", line 35, in init
    pluginmod = __import__(fname[:-3])
  File "/Users/kkotari/nso-4.7.5.1/lib/pyang/pyang/plugins/html.py", line 441
    def wrap_link(ctx,(stmt,module),stmt_arg,link_name=None):
                      ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Do we have any solution for this or any alternatives?

3 Replies 3

kiran kotari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when the syntax updated due to pep 3113 we might have update the respective code to support older version of NSO to python 3.

sunge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We don't really support building the resource manager yourself, and if you do you'd need to use the tools that would work.

In this case, python2. We make sure we can build the packages and deliver them to supported NSO versions.

I do not think we make new releases of the resource manager for NSO 4.7 though, but there should be older versions of the resource manager available for NSO 4.7.*

rogaglia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are many reasons why things can not compile in your environment. The best option is to download the latest version for your major release and use it without compiling.

Note that typically a single version is available per NSO major release and in particular the latest for every active major release at the time the latest package was released.

For 4.7 NSO major release train, the latest resource manager package is: ncs-4.7.9-resource-manager-project-3.5.4.signed.bin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: