sync from return false

eee1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I am running 

user@ncs# devices device vewlc-tre sync-from

result false
info vewlc-tre: missing element: profile-name in /ncs:devices/ncs:device[ncs:name='vewlc-tre']/ncs:config/wireless-wlan-cfg:wlan-cfg-data/wireless-wlan-cfg:wlan-cfg-entries/wireless-wlan-cfg:wlan-cfg-entry

Does anybody knows how to fix it? 

I have also tried to remove the wlan module:

devices device vewlc-tre pioneer yang enable name-pattern  Cisco-IOS-XE-wireless-wlan-cfg*

But I still get the same.

Thanks for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi.

It helps if you name the NED that you are using, in this case I am guessing from the context that you run NETCONF towards an IOS-XE device?

It looks here like there is a list wlan-cfg-entry where the NED assumes there will be a profile-name available but where no profile-name is found in the data from the device.

Your best bet here is to turn on the traces towards the device (set devices global-settings trace raw), and redoing the sync-from and looking in the netconf trace for how that piece of the XML looks, and comparing it to the YANG models you are using.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi.

It helps if you name the NED that you are using, in this case I am guessing from the context that you run NETCONF towards an IOS-XE device?

It looks here like there is a list wlan-cfg-entry where the NED assumes there will be a profile-name available but where no profile-name is found in the data from the device.

Your best bet here is to turn on the traces towards the device (set devices global-settings trace raw), and redoing the sync-from and looking in the netconf trace for how that piece of the XML looks, and comparing it to the YANG models you are using.