Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco sg500

Good afternoon,

My name is Mickey Crosby, CCNA certification #9b87148d224944fa981d914deaf05772, and I have a few questions about your SG500 series switches.

1. Is there traditional cli access like with the catalyst 2960?

2. Am I able to allow voice and data traffic on one port? Traditional access ports only allow for 1 vlan.

3. If I don't have cli access, what method inside the GUI would I need to use to allow voice and data traffic on one single port and how could I allow vlan and voice traffic across multiple ports?

4. How can I implement access control lists to determine inter-vlan routing?

Thanks,

Mickey Crosby

Network Administrator

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @mc05903ccnacertified ,

1. there is CLI through a serial RS-232 console port for management of the switches (SG500 & Catalyst 2960). In addition to the console port, the switches implement remote management protocols like telnet and ssh.

2. Carrying voice and data traffic on a single access port is available using  te "voice vlan" feature in conjunction with Cisco IP phones.

3. Both switches have also a GUI. The GUI on the SG500 can be used for configuration and management of the device. The GUI on the Catalyst 2960 allows some configuration, but it intended use is monitoring of the device.

4. Access control list are applied on SVI's (interface vlan) like you do on any routed interface with the command ip access-group <acl-number> [in|out]

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @mc05903ccnacertified ,

1. there is CLI through a serial RS-232 console port for management of the switches (SG500 & Catalyst 2960). In addition to the console port, the switches implement remote management protocols like telnet and ssh.

2. Carrying voice and data traffic on a single access port is available using  te "voice vlan" feature in conjunction with Cisco IP phones.

3. Both switches have also a GUI. The GUI on the SG500 can be used for configuration and management of the device. The GUI on the Catalyst 2960 allows some configuration, but it intended use is monitoring of the device.

4. Access control list are applied on SVI's (interface vlan) like you do on any routed interface with the command ip access-group <acl-number> [in|out]

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Thank you good sir! This is exactly what I needed. I will mark this as an accepted solution!