cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing CBW150AX via IP from non-connected computers

TechspertsBrad
Level 1
Level 1

We've put in some CBW150AX AP groups at several client sites, Even though they're configured and working well, we have to be connected to them wirelessly to manage them. The documentation I've found doesn't explicitly state that as a requirement, and it becomes a problem when we're off-site and want to connected to the primary AP from another computer on the wired LAN. Does anybody have any experience managing these while not connected to the WLAN?

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks. I checked the admin guide and it doesn't explicitly say. Our experience, though, is that we can only log into them while connected wirelessly. If we try to connect from another wired computer on the network, we never get the chance to log into the admin interface.

Maurice_
Level 1
Level 1

I have no issues managing my CBW150AX from a wired computer. But of course you can't use https://ciscobusiness.cisco/ for wired access. Use the Primary AP IP address instead or create an entry in your DNS zone.

Cheers
Maurice

JLL_CNS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the exact same issue when I try to connect the admin webpage from my wired computer. It only works from a device connected wirelessly.

Is there something to configure to allow a wired computer to access the admin webpage on the IP ?

Thanks,

JL