Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Redesign

Good morning everyone,

I am a new network administrator, ~1 month experience, and have been tasked with redesigning our office network. What are some things you consider when designing networks? Are there standard guides that I can follow that outline a method of procedure? Something to layout step by step how we will implement the solution is what I am looking for in that regards. Thanks in advance for any help!

4 Replies 4

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @mc05903ccnacertified ,

First of all, what type of network are we talking about? Is it the LAN or the WAN or the Internet access, the Datacenter, etc?

Second thing - what is the purpose of the redesign? What problems are you trying to solve? There could be a number of issues that you would want improved like

• redundancy
  • improve network re-convergence time
  • increased capacity
  • equipment refresh
  • new network services

just to name a few.

Cisco has some guides called Cisco Validated Designs that can help you in some technology areas.

There are also books and courses that can teach you the principles of network design for a number of technologies.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

This is a local network with 5 public facing ip's

nothing is organized and from a security perspective, we have no way of logically troubleshooting the network.

im hoping to segment the network by vlans and get performance upgrades and reduce the amount of broadcast storms in the network

Ok. So the goal of the redesign is improve performance and increase security.

Ca you share with us the actoal topology of your network and also what equipment are you using in your network?

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check some notes :

https://www.balajibandi.com/?p=95

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help