cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Desktop Download

fatimaskaikh
Level 1
Level 1

My students are using Chromebooks for PT. Wanted to know if anyone has successfully downloaded PT onto CBs and used the program for themselves or their students. I only see Mac and Windows 32 and 64 bit downloads. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @fatimaskaikh 

I think the option for CBs is PacketTracert Mobile.

Have you tried downloading that version from the Play Store?

Regards

Hi @luis_cordova,

I've had students download PT mobile on their phones via Play Store, but have not tried it on their CBs. I wasn't entirely sure if it's possible and wanted to know if anyone has had experience with using CBs for PT.

Is it the same program? Have you (or anyone you know) had success downloading it onto a CB? 

The issue is also that the mobile app is no where nearly as comprehensive as the desktop version. It was last updated in 2017. Any word on a more updated version?

We use G-Suite for Education and Mobile Packet Tracer is not an app that I can download from what I can see. It doesn't even show up when I search for it.

Here's a 17s video showing you exactly what I'm talking about (hopefully it will save time).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PDYtTk7XBsZ6ZYRNNAF6IzVgKOuIpR-v/view

Please share any other thoughts as all our high schoolers use chromebooks and we do not have a computer lab.

Thanks.

Fatima