cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telnetting switches from different subnet

kylesmith17
Level 1
Level 1

Hi so I built this network on packet tracer and managed to get everything working in terms of being able to for the hosts in different VLANS to ping each other however the last thing I need to do is telnet from the management laptop to each of the switches in the other subnet and I have been trying for the past hour or two to get it to work but I am not sure what else I can try doing so if anyone has any suggestions that will be great, I will put a picture up of the network for you to look at.Screenshot 2023-02-21 185704.png

19 Replies 19

No the router and switch are unable to ping each other. Have provided screenshots for what you asked for, hope these help.

here is the problem :

balajibandi_0-1677070147466.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

So im not too sure what ive done but ive managed to get the laptop to be able to ping switch 2 and switch 2 is able to ping everything but the other 2 switches now, would you like to see anything specific for switch 2 that may help with finding out whats wrong with the other 2 switch configurations?. I was just re-configuring the switchports between the switches as trunks and has seemed to make switch 2 work.

So I managed to get it all working now, the problem was that the line protocol was down for vlan 99 so once it was back up on all 3 switches everything is able to connect and telnet works too. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Also may be worth knowing that the laptop can pings the hosts in the other subnet but the hosts cant ping the laptop. And also all of the hosts are able to ping router0 and vice versa. Just seems to be a problem with anything being able to ping the switches and the switches able to ping anything aswell.

Here is a screenshot of what needs to be done on this network btw incase this may help.

kylesmith17_0-1677065142021.png