cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does fetchstats still work?

mapper50
Level 1
Level 1

This thread is one of the few that show recent questions about fetchstats.  Had it working about five years ago with the vbs script after I changed my password to include an underline character.  Then the Login Failed error shut me out.   I'd like to try again but I'm suspecting some extra security may have been added that prevents it. 

Is fetchstats still a thing?   If so, I'll work through some of these threads again.

5 Replies 5

reham1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Fetchstats is made available by OpenDNS, but is not directly supported.

mapper50
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, Reg.  I understand that support for it is exclusively in the Community, which was very helpful when I initially set it up and used it for a couple of years before my persistent but futile efforts to fix a login failure. 

Was trying to find out from current active users, if any, if it still worked, using VBS or Bash version, solving recent login error messages, etc.   

RachelGomez161999
Spotlight
Spotlight

It depends on what version you want to use, bash script or WSH/VBS, and on what platform (OS) you want to use it.

VBS: This is for Windows. Copy and paste fetchstats.vbs and save it as fetchstats.vbs. Then run it as explained in the same file:
cscript //NoLogo fetchstats.vbs <username> <network-id> <YYYY-MM-DD> [<YYYY-MM-DD>]
Bash: This is for Linux and Windows. For Windows you may need to download bash and cURL separetely, see links in the README file.
You copy and paste fetchstats and save it under this name. Then, from a bash prompt, you execute (as described in the README file too):
fetchstats <username> <network_id> <YYYY-MM-DD> [<YYYY-MM-DD>]

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Level 1
Level 1

Sometime in the last 2 weeks, the fetchstats script stopped working (I'm using the VBS version for Windows). The response from the POST request seems to no longer include "Logging you in." for a successful login. I propose the following 2 changes to the script:

regEx.Pattern = ".*Login failed.*"  'Change in regex pattern
Set loginMatches = regEx.Execute(data)

If loginMatches.Count <> 0 Then 'Change from = 0 to <> 0
Wscript.StdErr.Write "Login Failed. Check username and password" & vbCrLf
WScript.Quit 1
End If

japjap
Level 1
Level 1

Noticed that fetchstats is gone and doesnt work anymore. Tried your changes but it stops on asking password and nothing happens..no matter if you enter you password or not.