cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Using OpenDNS? No

tommydem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I could really use some help.  I live in a household of various apple products and I'm using an airport extreme as my router.  I followed all the steps and was able to configure the DNS numbers using the airport utility.  I feel like i've done everything, but under the OpenDNS Updater, it says i am not using  OpenDNS.

It's true because, it isn't blocking any bad stuff.  I've done everything i can think of.  i re-started both the modem and the router.  restarted the computer, etc.  cleared the cache. what can i be doing wrong?

thanks in advance.support.opendns.com_hc_user_images_cfnMI7PZZzP5rkizAhnziw.pngsupport.opendns.com_hc_user_images_Paqqnxr1jcHT2cE1VQiEDg.pngsupport.opendns.com_hc_user_images_YqPdHyje6HPAJnNY1Upieg.png

3 Replies 3

rotblitz
Level 6
Level 6

The test page is http://welcome.opendns.com/ - you certainly get the message about not using OpenDNS.

It looks like your DNS queries go out over IPv6, because you didn't fill the IPv6 DNS server addresses, so you currently reach your ISP's (Comcast's) DNSv6 service, not OpenDNS.  You missed to fill the IPv6 DNS Servers fields with ::ffff:d043:dedc and ::ffff:d043:dcde

tommydem
Level 1
Level 1

thank you!  i will try that now.

tomd

saloja2125
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, can you take a look at: How to change ipv6 dns – OpenDNS