cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When i try to block a domain, i get an error...

wattsy
Level 1
Level 1

.....that looks like this:  Error blocking static.rbxcdn.com. undefined

or 

Error blocking xp.apple.com. undefined

or 

Error blocking rto.microsoft.com. undefined

This happens with ANY domain that i try to block.,

thanks! 

chris

6 Replies 6

mattwilson9090
Level 4
Level 4

How are you trying to block domains, and where are you getting these messages? Do the messages identify themselves as coming from OpenDNS?

Attaching screenshots (using the "Attach file" link at the bottom of this page, not a third-party file sharing service) would be hopeful so that we can see what you are referring to.

a.whitehouse
Level 1
Level 1

Did anyone find an answer to this as my opendns does exactly the same, I can not block any sites trying to just returns the error as in wattsy's post, If I open stats domains and get a list of all of the domains my network has visited, if I click on any of the sites opendns gives me the option to block the site, I click on 'block this domain' and the I get the eror message. Alternatively I can go to settings, select my network and the scroll down to 'manage individual domains' if I add a domain here I still get the eror message as per above 'Error blocking doubleclick.net. undefined'

Any help would be appreciated

rotblitz
Level 6
Level 6

Blocking out of the domain stats does not work currently.  I opened a ticket with OpenDNS a few days ago, and they say they will be working on it.  No ETA has been given.
See also  https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/222226807
a
nd https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/220050607

However, blocking domains from the network settings page works for me.

"a list of all of the domains my network has visited"

No, this is not what you get, because OpenDNS doesn't know what domains have been visited.  They only know what domains have been looked up.

todot
Level 1
Level 1

"...they will be working on it. No ETA has been given."

Five years later...

support.opendns.com_hc_user_images_tyK10NTg_AUULm7RbbrlIA.png

a31inatl
Level 1
Level 1

Original post 2016...  Now 2022, and STILL getting this same error!

support.opendns.com_hc_user_images_8cv6ZqI-GEOdhHN9Wehf1A.jpeg

brokenarrow1
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting this error as well. Any updates or workarounds other than manually typing in domains?

Currently working on blocking some automatic Ads on a Vizio Smart TV. Thanks!