cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10G Base T Transceiver for C9200L-24P-4X

redzonetech
Level 1
Level 1

From the Compatibility Matrix appears there is no 10G Base T transceiver compatible with the 9200L. Optics Compatibility Matrix (cisco.com)

SFP-10G-T-X shows non-compatible

Is this correct?  There is no part to accomplish this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is what I found as well.
Luckily this is a new build so we will transition to the C9200L-24PXG-4X to get some 10G Base-T ports.
Seems like an unnecessary GAP to have SFP+ ports that don't have a compatible 10G Base-T Option.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I can see several from https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?npf=342

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

10G Base-T for the C9200L-24P-4X?
I am showing 2 for 1G copper(1 end of life) and then a large number for Fiber and Pre-terminated Cables.
Nothing doing 10G on an RJ-45 copper connection. Which part number are you showing compatible with the C9200L-24P-4X?

- Sorry about that , I was looking at fiber ; from https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html
    It seems that the 'copper part' can only do up to 1G , (when looking for copper with find in the browser)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

That is what I found as well.
Luckily this is a new build so we will transition to the C9200L-24PXG-4X to get some 10G Base-T ports.
Seems like an unnecessary GAP to have SFP+ ports that don't have a compatible 10G Base-T Option.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card