cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

15-minute PM history via TL1

melon_2
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to be able to retrieve previous 15-minute counters via TL1 so that I don't have to log into CTC for every intermittent problem I have. The only document I can find is: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/optical/ps2006/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00800ea6ad.html#xtocid103

This doesn't explain how to do it. Does anyone know?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Somewhat depends on which version of the product you are running. We have not always had access to historical PMs via TL1. We do now (R3.1 and beyond certainly).

RTRV-PM-OC48:TID:FAC-6-1:CTAG::CVL,10-UP,NEND,BTH,15-MIN,04-11,12-45;

Good luck,

David

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dafried
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depending on which release you are using, this is quite feasible. Command is RTRV-PM and the and

date is the beginning date of the PM or storage register period specified in "tmper". The format of "mondat" is "MM-DD", where MM (month of year) ranges from 1 to 12 and DD (day of month) ranges from 1 to 31. date is a Date. A null value defaults to "Current Date".

time is the beginning time of day of the PM or storage register period specified in "tmper". The format for "montm" is HH-MM, where HH (hour of day) ranges from 0 to 23 and MM (minute of hour) ranges from 0-59. time is a Time. A null value defaults to "Current Time".

Thanks,

David

I am still unable to retrieve historical PM data. Here is what the above referenced document says:

[quote]RTRV-PM-:[]::::,,[] ,,[];

where:

* is the access identifier. All the STS, VT1_5, FACILITY and DS1 AIDs are supported; is from the "ALL" section and must not be null

* indicates the location; valid values for are shown in the "LOCATION" section

* indicates the accumulation time period for the PM information; valid values for are shown in the "TMPER" section[/quote]

Also,

[quote]4.3.75 TMPER

Performance parameter.

Table 4-95: TMPER Values

TMPER Values Description

15-MIN

Performance Parameter Accumulation Interval Length - Every 15 Minutes.

1-DAY

Performance Parameter Accumulation Interval Length - Every 24 Hours.[/quote]

The TMPER is not the time that you want performance monitoring from, it is the amount of time (15min or 1day) you want data from, as in "RTRV-PM-T1:TID:FAC-2-1:123::,,NEND,,15-MIN;", and the document is incorrect because the 454 actually won't take a dash in the TMPER.

I have been unsuccessful with the following formats:

rtrv-pm-oc48:tid:fac-6-1:ctag::,,,,1day,,,06-03;

rtrv-pm-oc48:tid:fac-6-1:ctag::,,,,1day,,06-03;

rtrv-pm-oc48:tid:fac-6-1:ctag::,,,,1day,06-03;

Could someone from Cisco please tell me how historical PM data retrieval is done via TL1?

Fujitsu: rtrv-pm-aidtype:tid:aid:ctag::,,nend,rcv,1-day,,,1; (would get previous day's PM data...0 through 32 on a 15-min counter would get you anywhere between the current and up to 8 hours ago)

Somewhat depends on which version of the product you are running. We have not always had access to historical PMs via TL1. We do now (R3.1 and beyond certainly).

RTRV-PM-OC48:TID:FAC-6-1:CTAG::CVL,10-UP,NEND,BTH,15-MIN,04-11,12-45;

Good luck,

David

OK, that makes sense, since we run 2.2 and 2.3 mostly, with a few 3.x NEs on the network. Thanks.