cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

15454 dwdm M12 node controller _type of processor ?

mariusjelescu
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DWDM rack with 2 shelves:

M12 shelf - as node controlleer, equipped with TCC2Pcards on solt 7 and 11 (version 9.2.1)

M6 shelf - as subtended shelf, equipped with TNC cards on solt 1 and 8 (version 9.2.1)

2 x 3560 Catalyst switch

question: the equipment will operate in the current configuration or M12 shelf must be equipped with TCC3 card.

2 Replies 2

mayfwh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Marius,

The TCC3's in the M12 would be necessary if the two shelves are going to be a multishelf and the M6 shelf is going to be the subtending shelf.  That would be the only scenario that would require it from the information you provided in your post.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_2_1/dwdm/reference/guide/454d921_ctrlcard.html#wp1092678

"The Timing Communications Control Three (TCC3)  card is an enhanced version of the TCC2P card. The primary enhancements  include the increase in memory size and compact flash space.

The TCC3 card supports multi-shelf management. The  TCC3 card acts as a shelf controller and node controller for the  ONS 15454. The TCC3 card supports up to 30 subtended shelves through the  MSM-ISC card or external switch. In a multi-shelf configuration, the  TCC3 card allows the ONS 15454 node to be a node controller if an M6  shelf is subtended to it. We recommend the use the TCC3 card as a node  controller when the number of subtended shelves exceeds 12."

HTH,

Will

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the documentation, the TCC2P card could be used with less than 12 subtended nodes.

"The TCC2P card supports multi-shelf management. The TCC2P card acts as a shelf controller and node controller for the ONS 15454. The TCC2P card supports up to 12 subtended shelves through the MSM-ISC card or external switch. In a multi-shelf configuration, the TCC2P card allows the ONS 15454 node to be a node controller if an M6 shelf is subtended to it."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_2_1/dwdm/reference/guide/454d921_ctrlcard.html#wp1052429

Unfortunately, I have never setup this config so I can't give additional details.